This release (0.4.1 Beta — The Final Release 1.0 will be avaliable soon ) consists of:
- DLL package containing the PloobsEngineDebug.dll, PloobsEngineDebug.xml and the PloobsEngineContentDebug.dll
- Visual Studio 2010 Templates (Project and Item Templates)
- Exporter Plugin for 3DS Max
- Introduction Demos package and Advanced Demos package
- WindowsPhone7 Demos
The Introduction Demos is a collection of basic samples showing how use the most basic funcionalities of the engine. This project contains:
- A Basic Engine Setup (For Deferred Rendering and Forward Rendering)
- InputSystem basic usage
- Deferred Lights basic usage
- Setup and basic usage of the Physics
- Dealing with Cameras
- Dealing with trigger, message system and picking system
The advanced Demos is also a collection of demos that shows some more advanced features like:
- Materials Usage
- Our Loader (integrated with 3DS Max)
- Gui system
- PostEffects (we only used the SSAO for the sample)
- 3DS Max Loader (load scenes exported using our Exporter plugin)
Using the Ploobs Exporter Plugin
If you can read portuguese (if you cant, try using the translation), i advise you to check this post. The Plugin is a MaxScript file that reads your Max scene and export a XML file describing it. The exported XML does not contains models informations (vertices and textures) , for this you need a .X exporter, i strongly suggest the http://www.kwxport.org/ (We have a Portuguese post about how to use it).
Our plugin exports:
- Standard Material including Bump, Self Luminance, diffuse, specular maps
- Lights Omni and Spot
- Constraint (Point to Point)
- Multi-Objects (you export just one .x and access each object inside the engine)
To run the exporter in 3DS Max, go to MaxScript menu and choose Run Script, choose our PloobsLevelExporter.ms and run it, the result will be a xml file.
The engine recieves a .X (exported using Kwxport for example), the textures and the XML of the scene, and load them. The Advanced Demos Project have an example showing how to load a scene exported this way. Any problem using the exporter ? Use our forum =P.
The last version is included in our Installer.
You can also Download our PloobsUpdater that automatically notifies and downloads new versions of the engine.
Any problem ? Visit this post in our forum.