Archive for category PloobsEngine
This Post will talk about our custom Building System used to create the PloobsEngine MSI Package. Lots of time ago, when the engine code and the project number were smaller, we could afford to build our packages by hand, but when things got bigger and bigger the necessity for something fully automatizated became obvious. Leia o resto desse post »
Our Friend Fernando Figueira (Caverna) from Microsoft presented some demos of our Game Engine in Brazilian Finals of the Imagine Cup (Brasilia) and in Windows Phone Day (Curitiba – also Brazil).
The full Presentation in Portugese can be seen in the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/
The presented Demos Source Code can be downloaded here
We also have a small ppt talking about each demo here.
PloobsUpdater is a simple App that helps people Downloading new versions of PloobsEngine (Engine Dll, Demos, Documentation and Auxiliar Apps). It also notifies when new versions are avaliable.
Há um tempo atrás nós fizemos duas breves apresentações introdutórias sobre Game Engines.
Seguem os Slides que utilizamos:
PloobsAndGameEngineFull.pptx (vários slides em hide)
For the next Release (we are planning to deliver it in the middle of February), we expect to add the following features:
- Support for Xbox 360 (We will support Pc-Hidef, Pc-Reach, Xbox360 and WP7)
- Full Integration Wp7 + SilverLight (also handling cases when page orientation changes)
- Custom Script Language Based on C# (extremely fast and flexible =P)
- Custom Serializator (Automatically serialize Classes and structs)
- PloobsLoader (Content Pipeline to load more than 20 formats like collada, 3ds …)
- Content Loader heavily Improved (Can load assets assync, can Unload single asset …)
- Garbage Production Heavily Reduced
- Billboards for WP7
- Finally 3D Physic Debug !!!
- Lots of new Effects like: Motion Blur (three versions, one for wp7, another for PC-Reach and the last for PC-Hidef based on velocity Buffers) …
- Overal Documentation improvements
- Lots of minor improvements
A list with our current features can be found here.
For those that want to see how things are going on, take a look at our Repo.
It is been a long time since i searched to the first time how to do a keyframe animation in Xna, and occurs me to make another way, so i use bone animation in a simple way, emulating the behavior of a simple keyframe animation. Leia o resto desse post »
This tutorial will show how to use the ploobsengine build in finite state machine. (the complet list of tutorials can be found here) The code for this sample is NOT included in the advanced demos package avaliable for download (but you can easily copy and past from this post).
Finite State Machine (FSM) is a very classic (and simple) AI technique used in almost all kinds of games, for a good explanation visit this site.
This is a 101 tutorial of how to use the PloobsEngine in a simple example from scratch.
In this example we are going to create a simple little car controlled by the keyboard. Showing and providing the assets used in it.
You can download [download id=”39″ ] the Visual Studio Project
You can download [download id=”40″] the Assets of the project.
This page will grow as soon as more common doubts appears.